Before you feel confident with one maneuver they move you on to others. Today we did spins (to see a video of this copy this address http://www.t6driver.com/gouge_contact.html scroll down to and click on spin video) We also did abnormal flight recoveries, they fly the plane in a really weird
position (inverted dive) then give you the plane to get back to normal. Its a strange sensation seeing nothing but spiraling green... Oh, yesterday we had an unsafe landing gear indication while flying in the area, and had to preform a precautionary return to base. It may have been a burned out bulb but it was still exciting, and that ride didn't count as a real flight. My pattern work wasn't very hot today and I hooked the ride because I didn't maintain level flight during turns. This is a vitally important task, at one point I looked up with a plane above me, looked down to see one taking off below me, then forward to dodge a buzzard. Its funny when we do the G exercise I instantly break out in a sweat, I can feel the individual beads pop out on my head.
Last blog I said this isn't any fun, and thats the general thought among the class. Everyone I've talked to in classes ahead of me say it doesn't really get fun, I haven't talked to anybody that enjoys phase II. Apparently this phase is just plain busy/stressful, you constantly feel behind and incompetent, and its just gonna be that way, you have to accept it and brush it off. Half the class has already hooked rides, sometimes with good reason, sometimes not, either way you just have to move on. I guess this is how it needs to be, it makes you evaluate if this is really what you want to do, and overtime it distinctly separates the awesome from the average. I'm fine with it being work, I won't whine any more.
oh ya, 2 A-10s taxied past me today just before I took off - awesome
ps. a buddy just talked to a guy we went to school with who hated phase II, did horrible, is now loving flying, just got back from Alaska, England, Germany, but sadly had to miss the trip to Columbia... it will have a happy ending
No comments:
Post a Comment