18 July 2010

Food

My first meal here was "breakfast for supper" and they had a HUGE bowl of real vermont maple syrup, I thought I was in heaven. I found out the next morning the syrup was special and they usually have the little packs like McDonalds. Sometimes there are shortages on the salad bar due to supply issues but they have steak & lobster on Friday nights! The selection isn't as luxurious as it was last time on the Army base, but I really like food & I'm not picky so I'm always full. I eat better here than back home when I'm in charge of food. Another huge plus is the endless supply of sweet tea, oatmeal-raisin cookies, pecan pie, & ice cream.
Its pretty funny having non-American's trying to put together American meals. Today's lunch was mexican, but I couldn't find the salsa anywhere, when they have it every other day on the salad bar, of course the traditional mexican side of onion rings were present. I mentioned breakfasts have the syrup packs, but we recently discovered the maple syrup is in fact out every supper on the ice-cream topping bar (just not for breakfast). Other favorites have been egg rolls with chicken wings, or stuffing with spaghetti, then garlic bread the next night with stir-fry. We're thankful for whatever we have, its just fun to laugh at the combinations.
Bad News: I lost my tiger-stripe camo do-rag I wear under my helmet
Good News: Thats the worst thing I can think of right now

No comments: